2019 Cazier Family Reunion
Please join us in Afton, Wyoming on Friday and Saturday, June 21-22, for this year’s reunion for descendants of William and Pleasant Drake Cazier. Take time to learn more about your Cazier ancestors and cousins and share in the resources of the Cazier Ancestral Family Organization.
Please RSVP by completing the form below so we know how many to expect.
Our relatives Charles Drake and Harriet Gates Cazier were among the first settlers of Star Valley, and their roots run deep in Wyoming. Their great-grandson, Dee Cazier, our CAFO president, is spearheading this year’s reunion, and he has organized what may be the largest agenda ever for a CAFO reunion.
Outline – Final Details for the 2019 Reunion
Don’t miss the activities that the Cazier Ancestral Family Organization has planned for this year’s reunion in Afton, Wyoming on Friday and Saturday, June 21-22.
We’ll start off the reunion by getting together at 6 p.m. Friday evening, June 21 to visit and reminisce at the Pavilion at the Afton Tabernacle/Stake Center: 347 Jefferson St. Afton, WY 83110.
Our featured activities will begin at 9 a.m. Saturday, June 22 at the Afton Tabernacle/Stake Center: 347 Jefferson St. Afton, WY 83110.
9:00-12:00 a.m. – Family History
- Welcome and Overview
- Cazier Family Ancestry Presentation (with some fun and games)
- Overview of the “First Family” with William and Pleasant Cazier and their children
- Who are their children and spouses?
- Why/how/when they all came west?
- Where did they eventually settle?
- Charles Drake and Harriet Gates Cazier
- How did these two meet?
- Life in Nephi
- Relocating to Idaho and then Star Valley
- What did they accomplish?
- In what way do we have ties to Donny and Marie?
- Sam & Lydia Downer Gates (Harriet Gates’ parents)
- Their pre-Utah life
- What impact did they have on building Ft. Bingham/Ogden?
- What did Lydia have to do with the 1892 World’s Fair
- “Sam the Builder” – What did he accomplish?
- Highlights of two of children of Charles and Harriet
- Charles Gates Cazier & Susan Bingham & Mary Ann Martin
- What little ‘quirk’ do Kathy Dell and Kimberly have in their geneology?
- William Henrey Cazier and Eliza Jane Slater
- Why would he seek 1st Presidency approval before becoming a lawyer?
12:00-1:30 p.m. – Lunch
1:30-4:00 p.m. – Historical Tour in Afton
- Afton, WY Cemetery
- Star Valley Tabernacle
- Museum Complex at 138 S. Washington
- Pioneer Museum
- Barn Museum
- Call Air Museum
- Lander Trail Museum
- Other (Not touring, but discussing): Cazier Shoe Repair Store, Cazier Theatre, Cazier Sweet Shop, Cazier Cabin
4:00-5:30 p.m. – Ancestral Research and Family History Exchange
- Hear from the CAFO head genealogist about research that has been and is being done on the Cazier lines
- Tables will be set up where cousins can display things they have done (re: Family History)
- Share your family history efforts and get ideas from others
6:00-8:00 p.m. – Dinner and Business Meeting
- Reports from officers, election of officers, and other CAFO business
- Roll call by Cazier line, Family/Group picture
- Family Game – Geneopardy Teams Competition
For anyone unable to attend the reunion, you can watch the Saturday morning presentations live from 9 am, or after-the-fact on our family Facebook group: “Cazier Ancestral Family Organization”, using the link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1240878892633537/
Please bring or send names, e-mail addresses, Facebook names, etc. for others in your family, to give the secretary, Marilyn. Let’s keep communication going through the generations of Caziers!
Recommended donations are still $10 per person, $20 for a family. Of course we’re always happy to accept additional donations if that fits into your budget.